In part one of this two parter ----follow Kate as she selects paper, makes fabulous stacked circle embellishments and selects tools for the second half of the creative process. Some highlights for those of you not on youtube:
- Papers don't have to be from the same collection, select a single color that will unify all your paper choices
- If inking the edges of your page elements, your page will be much more unified if you use the same ink for all edges
- Choose your photo first. That will help you find your unifying color and patterns.
- When making page embellishments with papers that match your backgrounds, use the 8x8 or 6x6 papers, you will not waste an entire 12x12 with a few punches.
- Don't feel a need to make all your choices before you start....pull out things that you think you might use so that you can visualize everything as you work
in this video i create a step by step layout using the new october afternoon sidewalks collection along with some pink paislee nantucket, studio calico autumn press, & pebbles fresh goods papers ... tons of homemade embellishments & lots of ink!!! enjoy!