Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Class Announcement


Been a while since I have been here. Hope this post finds you all well and enjoying the summer.

Couple of pieces of news

On June 22 I will be teaching a class at the Carol Stream Historical Society. It is a great accordion album titled Home is Where the Heart Is. Catchy title, don't you think? I am proud to have been invited to be part of an evening that focuses on preservation. There will be a talk on the art of preservation by a professional from Wheaton College then time to create this cute little 5x7 accordion album with a tie closure and room for lots and lots of pics. All the pieces will be pre-cut and you will finish the project that evening. Cost of the event is only $12 and part of the proceeds goes to the Historical Society. For more information and to sign up, go to:

http://www.carolstreamhistorical.com

If you have questions, let me know. I hope to see some of you there for an evening of fun.

Second piece of news is that I will be reaching 3000 sales on Etsy in the very near future. You know what that means...... A BIG SALE. Earliest start of the sale will be Monday June 21st (let's get through Father's Day first) but I have to tell you I have been accumulating things just for this sale. Teaser - 6x6 packs of paper - several different kinds - $1.00. You won't want to miss this sale so make sure to mark your calendars for Monday June 21st to read the blog for an update to visit www.itsalwaysfabulous.etsy.com . Remember that blog followers get first notice of all things sale related, so tell your friends to follow so they won't be left out.

Finally, it's almost trade show time when lots of your favorite manufacturers are releasing new products. If you see something you like, let me know so that I can help you find it.

The plasterer is coming on Monday to patch the holes that the electrician made when he strung the wiring for the new fixtures in the scrap room. That makes us one step closer to finishing (feels like I have been saying that forever).

Hope you all have a great weekend and, as always, thanks for reading all the way to the bottom. I leave you with a vintage postcard image of the California Beaches.

No comments: