Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Easel Card from Guest Designer Kerry

Today Kerry shares a fabulous easel card that she made using the Rocket Age papers...here are her comments about the project:

I love the little boy in this collection he so reminds me of my son.  my son is about the same age as the little boy in the stamp now..so it's like his twin!!

for the little boy I fussy cut him out..and paper pieced his shirt and pants from the October Afternoon Rocket Collection Paper…I love to paper piece…its so fun to do instead of coloring.  i did color his face and hair arms with my copics On the little boys shirt I added Crystal effects to pop up the planet on his shirt…I tend to color with Copics and Prisma color pencils a lot..I like to blend the colors to give the image more dimension.


This collection is one of my favorite of all times..because its out of what I normally create in and its fun to just let the boy in me out..I tend to be really girly!!! 

I used my Jenni Bowlin Spice to ink around the edges
when I saw the moon card from the Miscellany Pack I knew I wanted to use it and for it to be a major element in my design  I usually have a centerpiece that I create around, that works best for me..then I can focus on the items I need to match it with.

I used crystal effects on the moon and the planet on the boys shirt   Crystal effects is one of my "go to" items I seem to use a lot..it just give the item a finished look to it.

and I so love to make easel cards they look like they take a long time but really are very easy to make .here is the link for the easel card…its too hard to try and explain..but this is how I learned it from these instructions and video!!

I think that you will all agree that Kerry's results are incredible.....More from Kerry later....she has much more to share.  Here are the pics of her project




No comments: