Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

How Do You Know When It's Time to Move?

When your stuff is all on the truck, they put your computer on the truck by mistake (was supposed to go on the plane along with the two orchid plants packed in the box with it), and the dogs won't let you go room to room without company.

It's all packed. The fridge is cleaned out, keys are ready to be dropped with the neighbors, and the limo is scheduled for 8 a.m. tomorrow.

It's a very mixed day. As much as I am looking forward to seeing everyone on the other end and getting back to my family and friends and home, I will miss everyone in California. You have all given me such inspiration, been such good friends, and have changed me in ways you will never know. Even though I will be back in August, I will miss seeing you day to day as much as I missed my Chicago life every day while in California.

Thanks to all my bay area friends for a truly wonderful year. I am so sorry we couldn't stay longer.

And for my Chicago friends, wait till you see what I am bringing back with me!

We are joking about what we will look like getting in line to check in at the airport tomorrow. We have three suitcases, two dogs in crates, cameras, carryons, purses, briefcases - everything except the chicken under our arm and the screaming baby.

Onward......

No comments: