Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Where Have I Been?

I really have to apologize. I have been out of touch and so behind on everything. I am finally starting to get out from under it all, but still need another day or two until I can say that I am caught up.

For those of you who have been trying to reach me, I apologize that I have been unavailable. For those of you that have been waiting for things promised, I'm running to get my promises fulfilled. For those of you that think that I am a bit flaky, July has been a month when I definitely deserve the title.

Updates: My back is still a bit bad. Have to watch how I move, but I can sit up for more than an hour or so at this point and can manage the whole thing with Motrin (a lot of Motrin, but still with Motrin.) As far as our dog Megan is concerned, she passed on Saturday. She continued to have seizures, could no longer see, could no longer find her way back inside after being in the back yard, and was so anxious that she could not find rest. Our fabulous vet helped us give her rest. We gave ourselves the day on Saturday to cry. I am still tearing up as I am writing this, but I will never forget how, in the vet's office lying on the table, she looked up and licked my face as if to thank me.

Back from the kleenex run to the other room now.

Anyway, I have some help coming over today to help me get caught up on my listings. I have some one-of-a-kind books and papers that I am going to try to list. Things that I have picked up here and there that I think you will all appreciate. Vintage sewing patterns, cooking pamphlets from the 50's, children's books with fabulous illustrations, etc. etc. etc. My buddy Jake is gonna come scan for me so that I can do my listings.

In the mean time, mention that you are a blog follower and get 10% off your total order at www.itsalwaysfabulous.etsy.com . Consider it my way of apologizing for being so lost and far away the past few weeks. Just comment that you are a blog follower in the order comments and I will refund 10% of everything you order (does not apply to shipping charges. Offer ends Sunday July 18.

See the new Graphic45 Alice in Wonderland/Halloween paper I have listed. I listed the 8x8 paper pads, but if you want the 12x12, I also have that, just let me know if you don't see either listed.

Thanks to all of you who sent your wishes to us for Megan and to me for my back. You guys are the best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was worried about you, Sue, but I knew you had a lot of hard stuff going on and you didn't need me bugging you for paper and rubber. That could wait.
So sorry about Megan. ( I made a tissue run myself). The image of her thanking you for the coming relief with a sweet doggie kiss really pushed me over the edge. My heart goes out to you.
I follow your blog but I will try again to become an official "follower" when on my husband's updated computer. Than you for the dicount offer! Off to shop just a little more... glad you got help! ~Erin

Lori said...

Awww, my sympathies Sue, I know how awful a feeling that is. Be well!

JoAnne said...

Hi Sue,
So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well. I totally sympathize when it comes to back pain. Been there-too many times.
Also sorry to hear about Megan.
Take care and feel better.
JoAnne

Erin Glee said...

My heart goes out to you... so sorry.
I commented already but it did not show up, but YES, I am a follower! Thank you for the "apology discount"!
Hope your back is getting better...take care ~Erin Glee